Apply to this program through a central application. Review the sections below before you begin.
Taking the GMAT or GRE
To apply, you must also take a test and submit the score. Arrange to take one of the following tests:
- The student must have received at least a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- The student must have a GPA of at least 2.75 for the last 60 hours of academic work and submit a score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or equivalent standardized exam.
- Students who do not meet the admission requirements, but who show indication of high promise will be considered for probationary admission.
- All other University and Graduate College requirements for admission to a degree program will also apply. Qualified applicants may enter the program at the beginning of any semester.
Applicants from foreign countries whose native language is not English are required to submit scores on the TOEFL. Normally, TOEFL scores of 79 on the internet-based test.
Accelerated MHA option
Undergraduate majors in the College of Business may apply for admission to the Master of Health Administration (MHA) program during the second semester of their junior year. If accepted, up to 6 hours of 700- or 700-level College of Business classes taken in the senior year may be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Before enrolling in a course that will apply to both the undergraduate program and the master's program an undergraduate student must:
- Be accepted into the accelerated program.
- Receive prior approval from the graduate program director, department head, and Dean of the Graduate College. This is done by using a Mixed Credit Form.
Acceptance into the program and all approvals must be completed prior to the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the course(s). See the Graduate College for further information.
- Completion of 80 or more hours at time of application.
- An overall GPA of 3.00 or better.
- A score of 450 or better on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
Executive MHA option (EMHA)
The Executive MHA Option is only available on a contractual arrangement with a specific healthcare organization. The healthcare organization selects a cohort of students who are employed or affiliated with the healthcare organization to participate in the program. The MHA Program will be presented in a format referred to as the Executive MHA Option or the EMHA. From a curricular viewpoint, the EMHA is structured similarly and requires 36 graduate course credits.
GMAT/GRE scores are not required for admission to the EMHA, however, the applicant will need to provide documentation verifying at least 3 years of professional experience.
For EMHA students, prerequisite requirements for the core program courses will be satisfied through appropriate prior course work, relevant professional experience or by an individualized study program developed and supervised by the EMHA Program Director.
The credit hour costs for classes taken by students enrolled in the EMHA program are assessed at a higher rate than the traditional MHA offerings due to additional expenditures associated with the program.
In addition to the contractual requirements above, each student will also need to meet the following admission requirements:
- Completion of a regionally accredited undergraduate degree.
- Completion of 3 or more years of professional experience.